The original Punch virtual drum machine made its mark on the map through a combination of professionally designed drum synthesis/samples and the built-in pattern sequencer. Now, by adding even more drum synthesis models, and introducing a fresh, re-designed new main screen which allows you to quickly form unique new drum kits, Punch-2 continues its legacy to be a cutting edge drum machine... but with lots of extra added punch!
It doesn't stop there though; the interface and the synthesis sound options have been expanded greatly. Punch-2 now allows you to import your own samples and REX files so you can create your own loops using whatever samples you'd like. You can map out REX files or sample slices to individual pads and combine these creatively with the sounds & pattern sequencer found inside Punch-2 for ultimate usability. Further editing of REX files or Sliced pads is also possible by using one of the many additional features such as filters, envelopes or routing into one of the 4 FX modules. And yes, you can even use granular synthesis on the REX and Slice pads!
Feature-wise there is almost too much to mention here! For instance, there is a full new ‘Master’ section with EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Stereo/mono split filter, and layout mixer. Last but not least, Punch-2 also comes with a vast amount of included sounds, ready to groove into your music and productions!
- Classic samples are samples taken from several classic analog drum machines and Punch samples are RP library samples.
- Pre-installed RP sample collection
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with their own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope
- Each drum has it's own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be previewed and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad
- Punch has it's own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long.
- Keyboard range: C3-G3
- Grooves & Break patterns.
- Each pattern has free row for modulation step values which can be used to modulate controls.
- Swing amount, flaming time and humanization controls.
- Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots , which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch’s parameters.
- The Mixer screen shows the volume & panning of all the controls , plus the fx mix & panning, allows you to easily mix the drum sounds.
- Easy to use sliders allow to alter the main controls on the fly during use.
- All are available for midi-latching
- 4 FXs, each with 26 different type of fx
- Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Comb Filter, Reverb, HQ Reverb, Chorus, Chorus/Delay, Flanger, Phaser, WahWah Delay, Distort, Low Fi, Amp Sim, Waveshaper, Widener, AutoPan, Gator, Ring-Mod, Filter, Equalizer, Compressor, Noise-Gate, Ensemble, Cabinet, Multi Distort, AutoWah.
- FX can be arrange in 5 different routing ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these FX are output to the different output channels.
- Full Manager screen, which show you all the banks and presets, allows you to load, save, copy and paste etc them, including the powerful find function.
"Rob Papen has created a virtual synthesiser that oozes quality in every respect. The sounds are awesome, the user interface looks great, it's easy to learn and fast to use." – DJ magazine
"It's sleek urban orientated sounds allied to the versatile filters of the synth section and the comprehensive effects pretty much makes it a must if you are producing contemporary music." – Playmusic Pickup mag
"I give Punch 4.5 out of 5 subs, it’s really a straight forward and fun to use drum synth that has tons of character and a really heavy sound." - soundsandgear.com
"...the tricks that you can produce here in mere seconds would take hours of careful editing within a DAW. Punch comes thoroughly recommended." - residentadvisor.net
"Very cool and most of all, it delivers very fast results! Instant creativity. Easy to use and simply has a great sound." - Armin van Buuren
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.