QUAD was the first-ever Rack Extension synthesizer built from the ground up for Reason by the Rob Papen team and, after much demand, is now also available as a VST/AU/AAX plugin!
Rob Papen QUAD features two Oscillators with a seemingly simple arsenal of classic waveforms yet QUAD's sonic palette is huge thanks to the vast modulation possibilities that this virtual synth has to offer.
QUAD's Oscillators can be combined by using many cross-modulation functions thus generating a wide range of harmonics. Sculpt your sounds even further with the Phase Distortion and WaveShaper. These tools are brought to life by four XY-Pads, which can be moved through an extensive modulation matrix.
QUAD’s Oscillators are complemented by two top-notch analog-modeled Filters, an arpeggiator, and two high-quality effects processors.
- Four powerful XY-Pads which offer an expansive set of modulation possibilities
- Two oscillators featuring an arsenal of classic waveforms
- Over 750 professionally designed presets
- Unique Phase Distortion and Waveshaper tools
- 2 in-built FX slots with multiple effects on offer
BUY ROB PAPEN QUAD FROM TIME+SPACE FOR INSTANT DOWNLOAD AND ONGOING TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM OUR TEAM OF SPECIALISTS.
Oscillator 1 and 2
- Oscillator On/Off
- Waveforms: sine, square, saw, triangle, noise, and pink noise, plus many other additive and spectral waves.
- Free Oscillator running On/Off
- Track On/Off (keyboard tracking)
- Octave up and down
- Sub-oscillator with 2 waveforms (left from the center position adds a Sinus Waveform and right form the center position adds a Square Waveform)
- Spread dial which turns the Oscillator in a multiple Oscillator sound with increased detuning between these Oscillators.
- Into Filter On/Off. (only Oscillator 1)
- Sync Off / Hard / Soft (only Oscillator 2)
- Oscillator 2 Modulation Functions: Quad has a number of different modulation types that allow oscillator 1 to influence oscillator 2 and vice versa, the type and various parameters of these parts can be altered using the modulation type and amount 1 and 2 controls.
Types: Ring Modulation (Ring) | Phase Modulation (PM) | Frequency Modulation 1/2/3/4 (FM1/23) | Feed 1/2/3 | Sign | Mix | Cross | Skew | Filter Modulation | String |
- Phase Distortion and WaveShaper in each Oscillator with:
- Amount control
- X control
- Y control
- XY field
- Distortion Types: 2 Point | And | Cos1 | Cos2 | FM (Waveshaper only) | Feed | Fold | Fuzz | Gap | Hard | Oct1 | Oct 2 | Oct3 | PWM /
- PWM2 (WaveShaper only) | Rez1 | Rez2 | Saw | Shift1 / Shift2 (PhaseDistortion only) | Static | Trans
Filter 1 and 2
- Filter Path: Serial | Parallel | Oscillator
- Filter types:
- 6dB LowPass | 6dB HighPass
- 12dB LowPass | 12dB LowPass2
- 12dB HighPass | 12dB HighPass2
- 18dB LowPass | 18dB HighPass
- 24dB LowPass | 24dB LowPass2
- 24dB HighPass | 24dB HighPass2
- 12dB BandPass | 12dB BandPass2
- 24dB BandPass | 24dB BandPass2
- 12dB Notch | 12dB Notch2.
- 24db Notch | 24db Notch2
- 36dB LowPass | 36dB HighPass
- Comb Positive | Comb Negative
- Vocal | Formant 2 Band | Formant 4 Band
- 12dB LPZ | 12dB HPZ | 12dB BPZ | 12dB NZ | 24dB LPZ | 24dB HPZ | 24dB BPZ | 24dB NZ
- Frequency control
- Resonance (Q)
- Filter Envelope amount
- Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Sustain-Fade & Release
- Vel > vol
- Velocity shape
- Amp Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Sustain-Fade and Release
- Pitch Bend Controls with 4-octave range control
- Mod Wheel
Envelope 1 and 2
- These Envelopes can be addressed to many Quad parameters using the Modulation Matrix.
- Attack, Decay, Sustain, Sustain-Fade and Release
- VEL > time
- KT > time
- Sync (tempo-based envelope)
LFO 1 and 2
- These LFOs can be addressed to many Quad parameters using the Modulation Matrix.
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Saw Up, Saw Down, Square and S&H
- Sync (tempo-based envelope)
- Modes: Poly, Free
Modulation Matrix Slots 1 - 8
- Quad has 8 slots to set your own modulation connection. Clicking on a modulation number label bypasses that modulation.
- 58 modulation sources that include MIDI sources and synth sources.
- 165 modulation destinations.
- Byepass feature inside each slot by clicking the slot number
- Numbers of steps in the arpeggiator sequencer. This can be from 1 to 16 steps
- Step 1-16 On/Off
- Velocity per step
- Speed: from ¼ the tempo up to 4 times the tempo.
- Modes: Up | Down | Up/Down | Down/Up | Random | Ordered | Rev. Ordered | Ordered Up/Down | Ordered Down/Up | Chord | Mod Free
- Host sync
- Step length
- Vel / keyboard control
Play mode section
- Play mode: Poly | Mono | Legato | Arp | Poly Unison | Mono Unison | Legato Unison | Arp Unison |
- Unison Mode: 2, 3,4, or 6
- Unison Amount (detune)
- Unison Spread (stereo)
- Unison Delay
- Portamento speed
- Portamento modes: Constant Rate | Constant Time | Held Rate | Held Time
FX 1 and FX 2
- Two FX connected in series.
- On/Off for each FX
- FX-1 with Chorus, Ensemble, Flanger (tempo-based) , Phaser (tempo-based) or Widener.
- FX-2 offers a combination with Reverb and Delay (tempo based) or single FX
- FX-2 order: DEL>REV mode or REV>DEL mode
Bank Manager Section
- In the Manager Section, you find and organize your Presets and Banks.
- There are four main sections: Presets, Find, Search Category and Set Category.
- For each section, the Banks are visible on the right-hand side.
Back panel features
- MIDI Channel selector menu
- MIDI Program change On/Off
- MIDI Bank change On/Off
- External MIDI Control capture mode
- Computer keyboard Up/Down On/Off
- Preset changed warning On/Off
- Big screen selector 100%, 150%, and 200%
- A4 tuning setting
- Tuning Scale options (.tun files)
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.