RP-Distort is not just a distortion unit, but much more. The distortion unit inside RP-Distort can be combined with an analog modelled filter, compressor and widener unit. These units can be re-ordered, but can also be turned on or off. So in case you only want a great analog modelled filter... RP-Distort can offer this. Or only the unique widener unit which is great for widening a boring mono track.
On top of that, the controls can be modulated using midi sources or by one of the 4 build in LFO’s that can sync to your host tempo..
The distortion unit offers 22 distortion types included ring modulator and lo-fi. Inside this section you can also find the EQ and noise-gate. RP-Distort is in fact a wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks in an inspirational way.
Comes with FREE RP A-MOD modulation plugin + PRISMA!
- Uses sound banks composed of 128 presets.
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function.'Quick Browser', 'Recently Browsed' and 'Favorite' functions. All settings are stored inside each preset.
- Presets are stored in clear categories banks.
- External controller hardware (fader-box) settings can be saved and restored.
Amplifier simulation effect. Several types of amp types are simulated. Great for creating edgy sounds.Type of amp simulation. Settings are:- None, 4x10" guitar speakers, 4x12" guitar speakers, Bass speaker, Combo speaker and Radio speaker. Distort amount of distortion added to the sound.
Several types of cabinet types are simulated. Great for creating edgy sounds.Type of cabinet simulation. Settings are:- None, Fender, Marshall & Off Axis. Distort. Amount of distortion added to the sound.
Hard clipper, this limits output which is to above or below the set clipping levelNegative The clipping level for the negative signal. From 0% (no clipping) to 100% (maximum clipping).Positive The clipping level for positive signal. From 0% (no clipping) to 100% (maximum clipping). The amount of clipping from 0% (no clipping) to 100% (fully clipped).
Cosine distortion effect. Frequency, Frequency of the cosine effect. Amount, Amount of cosine distortion
Cross, Position for cross distortionAmount, Amount of cross distortion
Negative Cross distortion position for the negative signalPositive Cross distortion position for the positive signal.Amount, Amount of cross distortion
Fold-over distortion, this amplifies and then ‘folds over’ the sound. Frequency Frequency of the fold-over distortion. Amount, Amount of fold-over distortion
Fuzz-box distortion, Frequenter Frequency of the fuzz-distortion effect amount, Amount of fuzz distortion
Gapper distortion, Frequency Frequency of the gapper distortion effect amount, Amount of fuzz distortion
Hard limiter, this limits output which is to above or below the set limit level and thenboosts the signal.Limit The clipping level for the signal. From 0% (no limiting) to 100% (maximum limiter). Amount, The amount of post-limiting boosting.
Low-Fi effect, this reduces the sample & bit rate & adds noise to the signal. Bits Bit level of the signal. Sample Rate Sample rate of the signal. Noise Amount of noise added to the signal.
Over-drive effectDrive, Drive for the over-drive effect. Amount Over-drive mixing amount.
Octave effect, this shifts the sound up an octave. Negative Mixing for the negative signal. Positive Mixing for the positive signal.
Octave effect type 2, Frequency of the octave effect. Amount, Amount of octave effect.
Power wave-shaping effect.Drive, drive for the power effectAmount, Power mixing amount.
Rectifies the signal, by multiplying the negative signalRectification Rectification of the negative signal, from -100% (no rectification), 0% (half rectification) to 100% (full rectification) Amount, Rectification mixing amount.
The ring modulates (multiplies) different signals together depending on the type.Type Sine, Saw, Sqr & Tri, multiplies the input with the set oscillator.Frequency Sets the oscillator frequency.Amount Sets the ring modulation amount.
Saturation effect, Saturation Saturation level Amount Saturation mixing amount
Soft-limiter effectAmount Soft-limiter amount
Squares the signal (turns it to a square wave), and then lowpass filter it.Negative Amount the negative signal is turned to a square wavePositive Amount the positive signal is turned to a square waveFilter Amount this square wave is lowpass filtered.
Distorts the transients, i.e. the beginnings of sounds.Range Transient rangeAmount Transient distortion amount.
Tube distortion effect, by saturating, limiting, rectifying and bandpass filtering the input.Limit, Hard limiter threshold.Rect Amount of rectification, from -100% (no change), 0% (half) to 100% (full).Saturate Amount of saturation..Tone Frequency of the band pass filter.Emphasis Bandwidth of the band pass filter.
EQ Unit (inside the distortion section):
- 4 Band Equalizer effect.
- On/Off The “EQ” label turns on & off the EQ effect.
- Low 125 Hz volumeMid 1 500 Hz volumeMid 2 2 kHz volumeHigh 8 kHz volume
Noise gate (inside the distortion section):
- Noise gate unit, the noise-gate is an audio effect that removes any sound (‘gates’) that is below a threshold volume.
- On / Off The “Gate” label turns on / off the noise-gate effect.
- Threshold This sets the threshold on which the noise-gate starts to work.
- Attack This sets how fast the noise-gate returns to normal after the input volume is over the threshold.
- Hold This sets how long the input volume has to below the threshold volume before the noise-gate is triggered.
- Release This sets how long the noise-gate takes to reduce the volume to zero after the noise-gate is triggered.
- RP-Distort has a low & high pass filter, in the order low-pass filter then high-pass filter
- 12 / 24dB Selects between a 12dB and a 24dB filter
- Low Frequency of the low pass filter
- Low Q Resonance of the low pass filter
- High Frequency of the high pass filter
- High Q Resonance of the high pass filter
- audio compressor with on/off selector
- threshold, ratio, attack, release and volume parameters
- 4x free modulation routings with amount control
- 4x LFO with, tempo based sync mode, waveform, speed, human feel, symmetry control
- bypass button for all active modulations
- global amount control for all active modulations
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.