Bass Amp Room was designed to handle all your bass amp needs, from dirty rock to modern clean. It consists of a model of a bass amplifier, three distinctive speaker cabinets with click-and-drag mics, and a blendable DI section with tone controls and a limiter.
Although it was originally designed as a guitar amp, the 70's amp that has been modeled has proven to be an excellent choice for bass players. A thick and solid preamp distortion without any fizziness lets you crank it up without losing the low end.
The power amp has a more traditional power amp distortion (controlled by the Master Volume knob), which at extreme settings will give you all the dirt you can handle. The High/Low switch wasn't a part of the original amp, but was added to give you a cleaner and fatter sound when necessary.
- Authentic amp and cabinet modeling
- One amplifier and three versatile and good-sounding cabinets
- Flexible and continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
- Slider control to blend in the DI sound from within the plug-in
- Tone control, Low and High cut filters plus limiter in the DI section
There are three different cabinets in Bass Amp Room. The 8 x 10" is an industry standard for fat and solid bass tones with lots of low end and lots of definition. The 4 x 12" may be a good choice for rock sounds with its focused and hard sound. And lastly, while an open back 1 x 12" may not be the first cabinet choice that springs to mind for bass, this is something that works extremely well in the studio.
Many engineers like to blend in some DI signal from the bass in the mix, and to facilitate this we have added a DI section that does precisely that, and more - we also put in three tone controls and a limiter.
"Bass Amp Room is perfect when you need a little extra oomph. Add it to the DI track and blend it in."
- Andrew Scheps, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2
"It's a miracle that we can have these amplifiers in our laptops."
- Gareth Jones, English Producer and engineer, famous for working with artists like Depeche Mode, Einstürzende Neubauten and Erasure.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.