From the mind of legendary audio equipment designer Paul Wolff comes the new Fix Flanger and Fix Doubler. They take the legacy and sound of classic flanging and vocal doubling of the 1960s, but with all the benefits of the digital world.
In 1979, Paul Wolff formalized a vision which was turned into an exclusive limited edition hardware, that became loved among musicians and sound engineers. In 2015, the Fix Flanger and Doubler is the reincarnation of this vision—a plug-in package that handles hands-on flanging with unique stereo widening methods, as well as vocal doubling with lush chorus and rich textures.
- Fix Flanger delivers the sound of classic flanging, with extreme control and flexibility.
- Unprecedented hands-on VSO flange control, with servo motor bounce emulation.
- Fix Doubler provides lush chorus and rich textures to your vocals.
- "Auto Double" uses a unique method of accurate phase-cancellation to make a natural sounding doubler effect.
- No USB iLok key required.
Classic flanging re-imagined
The Fix Flanger is versatility personified—this flanger is capable of both classic guitar pedal style flanging with a automatically swept flange as well as direct interaction in the manual mode. A VSO mode features unprecedented hands-on control with emulated servo motor bounce and true cross zero flanging, just like a tape machine. Added features such as tap tempo sweep, unique stereo widening methods and selectable delay polarity makes the Fix Flanger the swiss army knife of flangers.
Doubling made simple
The Fix Doubler delivers texture and extraordinary richness to vocals and polyphonic instruments. The algorithms of the Fix Flanger, combined with a streamlined interface and Paul Wolff's unique Auto Double algorithm, makes it easier than ever to get lush chorus and rich layers to your vocal track. With Auto Double, you can get smooth doubling without flanging at delays as low as 3 ms, which no one has ever been able to do before.
"Both units are very smooth and creamy. Fix Flanger is the first in-the box-flanger that sounds like real old school flanging with a new school twist. And the Fix Doubler adds a wonderful sonic quality and depth."
- Ross Hogarth, Multi-Grammy Award winning producer, mixer and engineer for Van Halen, Keb 'Mo' R.E.M. and Ziggy Marley.
"The Fix Flanger just sounds right. It's not artificial or cold, it's full and inviting. The Fix Doubler has a magic way of making stuff bigger, especially in the stereo field, in a way nothing else does."
- Reid Shippen, Seven times Grammy Award winner. Reid has mixed, engineered, and/or produced music for Death Cab for Cutie, Shania Twain and Jonas Brothers.
"This plug-in is alive! After trying tons of vintage equipment and pedals for the right flanger sound, this is what I've been looking for."
- Patrik Berger, Composer, producer and musician (Santigold, Charli XCX, Robyn, Lana Del Rey, Miike Snow).
"This sounds the most analog of any plug-in flanger I've ever used"
- Studio One Expert, Pro audio blog, part of the Production Expert Community.
"The Fix Doubler sounds like the singer cloned themselves and is singing along with the original vocal. It uses techniques that are unique and the sound is so musical. Paul Wolff and Softube have truly come up with a brilliant new plugin."
- Greg Wells, Producer and songwriter for Katy Perry, Weezer, Adele, Timbaland, Mika, OneRepublic, Pink, The Deftones, Rufus Wainwright
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.