- Audio Demo 1 of 16
- Audio Demo 2 of 16
- Audio Demo 3 of 16
- Audio Demo 4 of 16
- Audio Demo 5 of 16
- Audio Demo 6 of 16
- Audio Demo 7 of 16
- Audio Demo 8 of 16
- Audio Demo 9 of 16
- Audio Demo 10 of 16
- Audio Demo 11 of 16
- Audio Demo 12 of 16
- Audio Demo 13 of 16
- Audio Demo 14 of 16
- Audio Demo 15 of 16
- Audio Demo 16 of 16
Parallels is an instrument with two sound sources, each running painstakingly recorded and exquisitely calibrated multi-waveforms from every dream-machine must-have synth you could ever want, and sculpting the resulting sounds with the highest-quality Softube filters, modulators, and effects. If you’re looking for inspiration and sheer sound-quality in your music, this is your golden ticket.
There are many possible approaches to take in creating a brand new instrument. Parallels focuses on two main things. First, it should always sound fantastic, with a minimum of fuss. And second, it should inspire the artist with elegant workflow, superb layout and visual feedback, and a sense of endless possibility.
- Almost a hundred high-quality pre-recorded multi-waveforms
- Sonic progression within each waveform means near-infinite source-material
- Two parallel sources means blended sounds, opening up exponentially more possibilities
- Up to 14 voices (seven per source when both sources are active)
- Hundreds of expertly-created presets from world-leading synth artists, engineers, and sound-designers, including Brian Transeau a.k.a. BT, Richard Devine, Inhalt, and more.
- Three analog-modeled filter types (state-variable, vactrol LPG, and resonant peaks
- Five sophisticated types of modulation source; LFO, random, Euclidian sequencer, step sequencer, and envelope
- Five top-quality effects options; distortion, chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb
- Inspirational, creative, and beautiful
- Crucially, it always sounds amazing
Almost a hundred high-quality pre-recorded multi-waveforms from classic synths live at the heart of Parallels. Digital, analog, hard-wired, modular, FM, phys mod, as well as environmental and combined sources. Even some super-rare and unreleased pieces are represented.
Each waveform has a progression of some kind in its 15 second duration – a filter sweep for example – and playback can start and loop from any point of the artist’s choosing, and move through the waveform under modulation, providing almost infinite sounds-per-sound. All this with up to fourteen voices at once. Each source can pass through its own shaper section, with a choice of three analog-modeled filter types; a state-variable filter (low, high, or band-pass), a vactrol-style low pass gate, or a triad of resonant peaks.
And there are four ‘mod pods’ on the left. Five beautiful and intuitive modulator types can fill them (LFO, random, Euclidian sequencer, step sequencer, or envelope) modulating almost any parameter in the instrument. Perhaps best of all; the effects. Softube’s track record for rich, living effects in software is well established – they’ve been our very essence for more than a decade.
Parallels features five three-knob effects; a hot and hairy distortion, a chewy, tasty chorus, a flanger with stereo spread, a delay, and a succulent purpose-built algorithmic reverb to kiss the output signal goodbye. Parallels is a software instrument like no other; a beautiful, intuitive, single-page interface concealing a wealth of treasures within. Created by dreamers, controlled by you!
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.