Hammr Growler is the filthy brother of the not particularly demure Hammr+ and a part of the Hammr Suite, a classic tonewheel organ sample set developed with Oasis/Sheryl Crow keyboard player Mikey Rowe and recorded by genius Andy Britton at the very lovely Toyroom Studios here in Brighton.
The Growler is a 3GB monster that captures from 4 mic positions the full tilt sound of Mikeys favourite 888000000 setting on his 1959 B3 through a cranked up Leslie cabinet, and frankly it is one heck of a sound!
- 5 x 15 second samples per note for a total of 3.2GB of samples compressed to a 2.7GB download.
- 4 mic positions using classic Neuman mics and Grace preamps
- Individual control of volume, pan, ADSR and vibrato per mic.
- Percussion 2nd and 3rds available at the same time, with control of octave and decay time.
- Note off volume and decay control.
- Velocity sensitivity control.
- CC11 hardwired to volume for expression pedal swells.
- Leslie simulator with speed, treble/bass balance and distance controls.
- 69 specially recorded reverb impulses from a variety of real spaces and classic gear.
- Cabinet re-micing through a choice of 11 speaker cabinets.
- Dirt, morphing EQ and master EQ effects.
- Dirty contacts control adds small amounts of timing variation to note on /off to mimic the effects of aging key contacts.
- 24 presets.
- Master/slave control system for quick adjustment of group controls.
- Built in user manual.
Download Size (zipped file):
- 2.6 GB