Sound Dust Loop Pool: BOOM & BUST for the full version of Kontakt is a huge pool of organic and analogue building blocks squeezed into a cunning BPM synced morphing device.
Use your modwheel and keyboard to intuitively build an infinity of urgent, thrilling and unique underscore (and overscore) from scratch. Or, simply put, if you love that dark, filthy, groovy sound of modern cinematica - BOOM & BUST is your new secret weapon!
Sound Dust Boom & Bust is the first release in Sound Dust's new Loop Pool series of instruments which are loop-based and also come with a big pool of loops. More titles in the series arriving soon!
Sound Dust Loop Pool Boom & Bust is hand crafted from deep and broken organically generated sound sources.
Space Echo self oscilation, distorted 808, bust up drum kits and bent cymbals, thumb piano, Voyager, Theremin, Dfam, binaurally recorded found sounds, electrostatic crackle, lovely wooden egg shakers, infinite guitar, dust piano, snow, fireworks, ghostly footsteps, softly beaten cello, nefaraphone, musical saw, stethoscope and many other unlikely sources.
Nothing in Boom & Bust was born inside a computer, only analogue synths and realworld sounds recorded through mics and processed through tape, spring reverbs, modular kit, valves, transformers and crunched transistors
In addition to the sounds in the Kontakt instrument there is a pool of 500+ 24bit .wav loops to drop directly into your DAW or sampler for extra abuse, warping and sound design.
The glorious and madly creative forte of Boom & Bust is in hitting any note and realtime morphing through four BPM synced stem variations with the modwheel (or CC1). Then add other notes for more synced stem variations and more morphing. Bottom part of the keyboard is where the booms live and things get 'lighter' as you move up the keyboard for 6 octaves.
Reverse loops with the playhead control and stretch single loops across the whole keyboard with the note lock. Use legato to start a new loop from where you left the last one - all perfectly synced with your track.
Every control can be DAW automated or midi learned for complex processing and jamming.
SOUND DUST BOOM & BUST CONTENT
- 1.7GB total size - 1.5GB download
- inc 500+ .wav loops for your DAW
- 1 Kontakt instrument (for Kontakt 5.8 and Kontakt 6.1.1)
- Absolutely no snapshots - you'll see why
- Classic Sound Dust RTFM instruction manual built into interface
- Modwheel hardwired to loop morph (or use CC1) - tempo synced
- 4 loops per key over 6 octaves
- Realtime waveform display
- Snap control 1/32 to Bar
- Master volume control - cc map-able (handy instead of aftertouch for expression)
- Velocity to volume control
- Pitch bend depth - from 1 semitone to 12
- Aftertouch to voulme control - for handy expression control
- Volume attack, decay, sustain and release
- Forward and reverse play direction
- Note lock control - spreads last played note across whole keyboard for crazy old school sampling.
- Trem Chaos - randomises tremolo lfo shape (but still tempo synced)
- Legato - sets sample set to legato mode - new note play continues from last note position
- Precise readout of XY pad control values
- Convolution impulse select - 80 custom made IRs - 8 categories- 10 impulses per category
- Low and high pass filter
- Tremolo - frequency (tempo synced) X - depth Y
- Convolution - amount dry X - amount wet Y
- Solid G equaliser - 1 band = 600 hz to 7 khz- frequency X - amount Y
- Midi learn triangles - for external controllers to learn XY pucks
- Tape saturation gain
- On/off and reset controls per effect (click effect icon)
- all controls read and write DAW automation
Kontakt 6 version
- Replika delay - 5 amazing sounding delay machine types
- 20 Replika delay presets
- 500 themed loop pack- 24bit 4 bar loops = 1.1GB
- Full mix & single 'instrument' stems that can be added to each other for millions of tonal and rhythmic variation
- Kicks, snares, throbs, fx, high and low percussion and filthy filthy organic instrumentation