A plebeian Pianet T: poked, prodded and pampered produces powerful, pleasing and pretty perverse powered pianic possibilities.
This little marvel comprises three instrument sets – acoustic, muted and amped. Each set features a number of fully tweakable sounds which can be edited, blended together and given the full Sound Dust treatment to create your own unique Prepared Pianet.
As with all Sound Dust instruments, the Prepared Pianet is rich with possibility. The audible charms and eccentricities of classic tine and pickup electric pianos are utilised and brought under the control of the player as never before.
All sounds were carefully sampled from the source instrument, a Hohner Pianet T, using three techniques; Very close mic-ed for acoustic harmonics and dissonance, muted with a finger placed delicately on each tine for a thumb piano feel, and through high quality pre-amps.
As with other Sound Dust instruments the results can be thought of as a self-contained orchestra of the surreal. The Prepared Pianet offers superb standard electric pianos and heavily processed tines. Stratospheric pads are under-laid with electronic tweets and chatter.
Played lower down the scale, a muted piano becomes an unstable electro bass. Whacked out opportunities abound, from evolving electronics, snappy acoustics and indescribable musical tones and frequencies. The percussive blasts and tinkling subtleties which can be achieved inspire the imagination. Sounds like forgotten outtakes from Bitches Brew sessions discovered after 40 years under a damp blanket at the back of Joe Zawinul’s garage.
- Acoustic Pianet - very tricky to record because these things are very quiet - 6 velocity layers of close mic-ed tines
- Muted Pianet - a delicate finger layed expertly on each tine and recorded through a Warm Audio Tone Beast preamp - 6 velocity layers
- Amped Pianet - nice long resonant notes, clean or amped - 4 velocity layers
- Individual controls for octave, volume, sample start, pan, stereo width, attack curve, ADSR, vibrato and reverb send per pianet
- 960 24bit mono samples = 280mb with Native Instruments propriety compression
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per piano
- 4 fully controllable instrument effects - chorus, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
- Master FX page - master EQ, tape and valve modelling plus transient designer
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page
- 3 Kontakt instruments - Prepared Pianet, 3 X Muted Pianets and 3 X Acoustic Pianets
- 46 instrument snapshots
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
Download Size (RAR file):
- 310 MB