SURFEREQ is a ground-breaking pitch-tracking equalizer plug-in that tracks a monophonic instrument or vocal and moves the selected bands with the music.
Synthesizer filters can track the pitch to maintain the timbre of the sound throughout the instrument's voices. However, sound equalizers have always been static. While this may be effective for broad tone-shaping and room resonance correction, standard EQ's would do a poor job at maintaining the vocal or instrument's timbre as the music changes.
Enter SURFEREQ 2...
SURFEREQ tracks the pitch of a monophonic instrument or a vocal source and can adapt its bands' frequencies relative to the music in real-time, maintaining the natural harmonic balance of the sound source and making it possible to shape the source´s timbre relative to the notes being played.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Groundbreaking pitch-tracking equalizer
- Original asymmetric, morphing EQ algorithms
- Innovative Harmonic Filter
- Side-chain input enabling external pitch detection
- Spectral Gate (normal and reversed)
- 3-mode MIDI control, including an innovative EQ Instrument mode
- Zero-latency mode
- Spectrum analyzer and Spectral Level Meters
- 64-bit internal processing
- Added support for PACE disk-based authorization.
- Side-chain input: Makes it possible to use pitch from another track to process polyphonic audio tracks to make "space" in the mix.
- Spectral Gate (normal and reversed): Allows engaging or disengaging the EQ when the input level crosses a set threshold level.
- Live mode with zero latency
- Four new and extremely creative Harmonic Filter modes
- Morphing filters
- Surf-time control: Allows setting the speed at which SurferEQ will "Surf" from one note to another.
- HP and LP Surf-frequency limit: Allows setting a limit to the high- and low-pass filters when Surfing.
- PACE iLok for protection and easy mobility
- Completely re-designed, retina-compatible and OpenGL optimized vector graphics UI
- Spectral Level Meters
- Frequency analyzer
- Fixed PACE iLok 1 compatibility.
- Fixed noise issue in demo.
- Fixed saving in Pro Tools issue in demo.
RELEVANT TO THE MUSIC
SURFEREQ follows the pitch of a monophonic instrument or vocal in real-time and can adjust any of its bands accordingly, thus "Surfing" the sound waves.
Any of SURFEREQ's seven bands can be set to SURF mode to track the pitch of the instrument or vocal source and adjust its frequency relative to the notes being played.
Furthermore, SURFEREQ's pitch can be controlled via MIDI notes, allowing its EQ bands to be played using a keyboard, thus creating a unique timbre-shaping musical instrument.
UNIQUE FILTER ALGORITHMS
We've made every effort to preserve the size, energy and transients of the sound source while developing SURFEREQ's filters algorithms (No cookbook EQ's here!). SURFEREQ's analog-like, asymmetric filters sound natural even when pushed to extremes.
In addition to the HIGH-PASS, LOW-PASS, SHELF and BELL-shaped filters, we've developed a unique, four-mode HARMONIC FILTER which enables to control the entire harmonic series of an instrument using just a single band of EQ.
SUPERIOR PITCH DETECTION
One of the biggest challenges in designing a real-time pitch-detection algorithm is avoiding octave errors while keeping the algorithm efficient enough for real-time processing. We've spent over a year researching and meticulously developing an accurate, real-time pitch-detection engine with virtually no octave errors.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.