The Imbibaphones library is a unique spin on the classic musical wine glass. The contents typically contained in wine glasses have provided inspiration for musicians since the first time the two were formally introduced. The wine glass became popular as a musical instrument in the 18th century. Soundiron decided to interpret this concept in their own particular way. Instead of just using a set of wine goblets, they also sampled tuned percussion and resonant sustains with a martini glass, champagne flute, and after one happy accident, a broken glass. Soundiron captured natural sustaining finger rubbed notes and soft mallet strikes for each type of glass. We then applied a variety of effects to create atmospheres, pads and effects.
Imbibaphones comes complete with a variety of GUI features to allow deep real-time performance shaping. Imbibaphones captures the complex resonances that occur during the sustaining notes of each glass as well as the full bell-like sounds of each glass being hit with a mallet. Most sustaining notes were recorded at three different speeds which can be faded between using the modwheel. For version 2.0, they’ve fixed a variety of tuning issues and added a collection of expertly sound designed content created from the source material, featuring both short and looping articulations.
The Kontakt interface includes a suite of automation-ready sound-shaping controls to give you total creative flexibility. You have control over the swell, attack, release, offset, vibrato, filter, pitch (coarse & fine), articulation switching, cross-fading and layering, and so much more. Soundiron have also included 20 unique sound-designed custom FX presets to give you lots of creative options.
This library comes with an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time. You can also apply your choice of 12 lowpass, high-pass and FX filters, with assignable modulation targets such as velocity, modwheel, expression, after-touch, key position and step-sequencer table control. Our customizable arpeggiator offers a velocity table and control over arp direction, timing, swing, randomisation and duration. They’ve included a key and scale lock system to constrain your notes to common scales and keys for easy melodic composition and live performance.
The interface is rounded-out by our modular FX rack panel, with 18 different DSP effect modules that you can assign in any of 10 available slots, in any order that you wish. You’ll find classic phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp and cab simulators, compressors, EQ, rotator and so much more. The Reverb effect includes Soundiron's favourite convolution reverb impulse responses, including 99 different rooms, halls, chambers and outdoor environments, plus another 40 custom FX impulses to radically transform the sound and open up whole new worlds of musical possibility. They’ve added a great bank of FX rack chain factory presets to get you started!
- Martini Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- White Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Wine Glass Plucked – 10 round robin/5 velocity layers
- Champagne Flute Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Harmonic multi-glass strike combos – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- White Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- Broken Wine Glass w/ Mallet – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Broken Wine Glass Stirring Shard loops w/ modwheel layer blending
- Bonus custom sound-designed ambiences, "synths", drones, and pads hand created and sculpted from the original raw source material.
- Standard non-compressed full-resolution PCM wav samples, conveniently organised and clearly-named following a standard and easily-
- understood file naming convention, so they're easy to use in software or hardware platform you wish.