Magnus is a vintage 37-key analog chord organ from the 1960s. This free-standing, three-octave chord organ was originally manufactured by the Magnus Harmonica Corporation. It has six major and six minor chord buttons.
MHC was founded by Danish immigrant Finn Magnus, who supplied American troops with harmonicas in WWII, and later went on to sell millions of affordable electric chord organs and song books until the late '70s under Magnus Organ Corporation, before being acquired by World Book Encyclopedia who would ultimately cease production.
But fret not! Soundiron's captured it’s old-school fat, buttery tone, with infinite sustains and tight staccatos. To take this far beyond an ordinary analog chord organ sample library, Soundiron's also created 20 awesome sound-designed custom chord organ and effects presets and 40 unique sound-designed ambiences that can be played chromatically as atmospheric synths, dronescapes and pads or used directly in your DAW for underscoring and texture.
The GUI is packed with lots of great sound-shaping controls that give you the flexibility to warp the shape in many way:
- You have control over Volume, Attack, Release, Transient Offset, Vibrato and Octave layering. The "Glide" control slider allows you to play legato and portamento leads.
- You’ll also find an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time.
- You can also apply your choice of 13 lowpass, high-pass and FX filter, with assignable modulation control options, including velocity, modwheel, expression, after-touch, key position and step-sequencer table control.
- You can also use our customizable arpeggiator, with a built-in velocity sequencer table and control over arp direction, note timing, swing, randomization and duration.
The library is programmed for the full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 and later (OSX 10.9 or later / Windows 7 or later required). It comes equipped with a custom user interface and dynamic sound shaping and mixing controls: volume, attack, release, offset, vibrato, octave, bank preset loading (with optional key-switching), adaptive arpeggiation, advanced LFO and filter systems and our full FX rack with convolution reverb with your choice of well over 100 different rooms, halls, spaces and special FX impulses.
Magnus was recorded by John Valasis. John is a Greek-born composer, producer and sound designer. From his Athens based studio, he delivers scoring, foley and sound design services for a great number of local and international clients. John's clientele includes prestigious brands such as Native Instruments, Ableton, Soundiron, Virgin, Amazon Prime Video, Vice Magazine and the BBC. As of 2014, John belongs to the roster of Ninja Tune's publishing house Just Isn't Music, alongside artists like Amon Tobin, Bonobo, Flying Lotus and The Cinematic Orchestra.
John's professional experience began in the 90s, emerging in his late teens as a composer and producer for popular music and gradually expanding his skill-set across a large variety of genres. With the abilities he acquired through his 20-year professional career, as well as his genuine love for soulful music, he has managed to craft a strong, musical identity which sound both personal and diverse. When not working on tight deadlines, John uses Poordream as a vehicle to freely express his emotions and inuences without defining limits and by exploring sound and composition beyond the boundaries of conventional electronic music.
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5.2 or later. Kontakt 5.5 requires OSX version 10.8 and later for Mac, or Windows & and later for PC. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
The library includes a custom graphical user interface (GUI) for Kontakt, providing a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
This library also includes a full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
- 1.04 GB Installed
- 458 Samples
- 22 Kontakt 5.5.2 .nki preset banks
- 24 bit / 48kHz Stereo uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked wav samples can be directly imported into almost any wav-compatible plugin or DAW.
Magnus has been recorded through its direct line outputs. Soundiron recorded its stock presets with sustains and staccato samples for each key. The included octave, vibrato and FX rack give you an easy-to-use interface to completely customize and shape its fat analog sound to fit a variety of creative styles.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like Swell, pitch Glide, Attack, Release, Vibrato, and Octave. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
- 2 Main Instrument Presets with advanced performance controls, vibrato, glide speed, LFO, Filter, Arp and full FX rack.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- Sustains, Staccatos, Chord Sustains, Chord Staccatos and Acoustic effects samples.
- Glide control for legato speed.
- Standard monophonic functionality or polyphonic when Glide is set to 0.
- Octave feature which gradually adds a lower and higher octave.
- Convolution Reverb with 119 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.