Explore sonic degradation and recombination with SoundironTape, a collection of hundreds of individually handcrafted and uniquely-styled percussive strikes, stingers, multisamples and effects that will burn right through your mix.
Tape's unique sound comes from acoustic recordings he captured through destroyed cassette and microcassette tapes, then carefully twisted and mangled into a distinctive collection of easy "out-of-the-box" content for all of your electronic and hybrid percussion needs. Tape is perfect for minimalist, EDM, IDM, dubstep, chillwave, glitch, post rock, soundtrack, downtempo, dub and ambient music. It's also fantastic for sci-fi sound design and creating user interface SFX for games and apps.
The library is programmed for the full version of Kontakt 5.5 and later (OSX 10.8 or later / Windows 7 or later required). It comes equipped with a custom user interface dynamic sound shaping and mixing controls: attack, edge, release, filter resonance and cut, bank preset loading (with optional key-switching), adaptive arpeggiation and built-in convolution reverb with your choice of 30 different rooms, halls, spaces and special FX impulses. All of the samples are also included as categorized and clearly named stereo wave files that can be imported and used in any wav-format compatible audio environment, sampler, editor, sequencer or other audio software you like.
When developing the concept for Tape, Soundiron were inspired by the gritty, "lo-fi" and "dusty" quality of various sound sources fed into decades-old tape recorders. The variable speed, wow and flutter effects, and mechanical sounds all come together to create something very dark and powerful. Armed with this knowledge Soundiron set out on a journey of sound design and discovery for several months, all the while ensuring to maintain the original gritty tape qualities at every stage.
All of the sounds are designed for complete cohesion, so that any sound can blend or be sequenced with any other sound in the library. To this end, you can achieve great results simply by turning on the arpeggiator, tweaking the sequencer dialog and mashing a bunch of keys—the results will surprise you!
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like attack, release, transient offset, dynamic swelling, filter type selection, resonant filter sweep and a robust Arpeggiator system that provides a full range of custom dynamic arpeggiation modes and step sequencer pattern creation options. There's also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
- 8 Instrument Presets with dozens of selectable articulations, performance controls, filter, vibrato/ring mod, Arp sequencing and full FX rack.
- 19 pre-built percussion kits.
- 28 unconventional kick/bass sounds.
- 126 unique snares in 2 style categories.
- 46 strange toms.
- 47 cymbal-like splashes, crashes, clicks, blips and snaps in 2 style categories.
- 238 long and short special effect strikes, stingers and stabs in 4 style categories.
- 243 acoustic tape recorder multisamples, including buttons, ejection, tape handling, power, and motor running.
- 24 ambient, atmospheric, tonal pad and environmental presets.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer.
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
SUMMARY OF INFORMATION
- 412 MB Installed
- 754 Samples
- 8 Kontakt 5.5 .nki preset banks
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed stereo PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization