The Beat Boxer is a combination deep, multi-sampled percussion and solo vocal performance library. It captures the raw, urban human drum machine that is a beatboxer through a combination of multi-sampled round robin articulations and a variety of authentic performance loops. From kick drums to snares, robots to turntables and beyond, The Beat Boxer provides a fresh, organic and extremely playable instrument suitable for all composers. This hybrid multisample/groove library transforms the creative vocal art of up-and-coming East Bay beatboxer "JBox" (Jerry Girard) into a flexible and detailed virtual instrument.
The Beat Boxer was recorded in a close, totally dry studio environment with both dynamic and condenser microphones to capture every subtle nuance of the performance. Soundiron then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control. Soundiron's comprehensive FX Rack panel is also included, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. The Beat Boxer brings together superior programming and quality to transform a highly-nuanced and specialized instrument into an unprecedented and truly unmatched percussive/vocal library.
The Beat Boxer features 100+ articulations and 11 instrument types, each with an average 12x round robin variations to bring you the total beatboxing package. Every articulation was recorded with 2 different microphones (condenser and dynamic), each with fully independent volume, panning and routing controls through Soundiron's advanced custom user interface. The powerful Midi Loop playback engine allows you to load up an existing midi groove and customize the quantization, swing and velocity attenuation on-the-fly. The main "Ensemble All" preset also features full remapping capability, user map saving/loading and ships with standard presets for popular midi drum programs.
Soundiron's powerful custom user interface gives you full control over the performance; users can control volume, attack softness/hardness, release time, sample start offset, velocity attenuation and humanization. The Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system allows users to quickly create grooves and gives full control over a wide range of parameters as well has user preset saving and loading. The Megamixer is a powerful drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading; it features 12 different articulation slots, each with independent volume, attack, offset, attenuation, pitch, tuning and key range. All samples in the Megamixer are intelligently managed via script to save on memory footprint.
Also included in The Beat Boxer are a selection of authentic performance loops and augmented glitch loops. Like the multi-sample content, the loops feature 2 completely independent microphone positions each with full volume, panning and routing control. All performance loops feature full time-stretching and tempo-syncing capabilities selectable from within the UI. The loops also feature Soundiron's powerful Phrase Sequencer which allows for up to 32 slots, each with independent start, end and pitch controls. Finally, Soundiron took the source material and contorted it into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres, rhythms, leads and special FX instruments.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or later.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- This library includes fully accessible unlocked wav sample directories to allow optional user modification, customized mapping and reprogramming to other formats and audio environments.
- 2 mic positions (dynamic & condenser) w/independent volume, panning and routing
- 100+ multi-sampled articulation types across 11 "drum" types
- An average of 12x round robins each
- Midi Groove playback system featuring quantization, swing and velocity attenuation
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system for quick groove creation.
- Megamixer 12-slot drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Special SFX preset type with extra single-shot hits from all articulations.
- 100 authentic live performance loops
- 108 augmented glitch, breakcore and fx loops
- Loop presets allow pitch transposition, pattern sequencing, x-blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, offset/release shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every Loop preset.
- 104 Midi Grooves by Sashca Knorr, Si Begg, Dirk Ehlert, Brad Jerkins and Sean Gordon.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments.
- Swell, Attack, Release, Offset, Attenuation and Humanization controls allow for real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- 1.25 GB Installed
- 4,416 Samples
- 24 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization