Soundiron are proud to present the latest chapter in their series of powerful, flexible and exquisitely recorded virtual choral libraries: The Venus Symphonic Women's Choir. Soundiron took all they learned from recording previous choirs and applied them here to make certain Venus is extraordinarily playable, diverse and stunningly beautiful.
With Venus, Soundiron are aiming for versatility. Instead of focusing on one language, the library offers both Slavonic (Russian) and classic Latin content, so composers can explore even more flavor and realism. Soundiron spent 10 days in their favorite church recording the 33-voice women’s chorus, featuring top notch talent from Volti, SF Symphony Chorus and the SF Choral Society, capturing all of the delicate nuances of the female human voice.
Venus is all about power, clarity and fluidity. It includes 2 mic positions (stage and hall) so composers have the flexibility to incorporate the brilliant, natural sound of Venus easily into their mix. Now finally Venus has risen in the night sky, to join her Male counterpart Mars.
Venus features a full 33-voice female chorus and 5 soloists, singing in Latin and Slavonic (Russian liturgical), inclduing a full range of standard vowel and consonant sounds. A wide variety of content is included for both languages, as well as a large collection of choral effects (shouts, sweeps, clusters, etc.).
2 masterfully mixed composite microphone positions (stage and hall), carefully blended from an array of 12 discreet large diaphragm Neumann Microphones, with wide pairs ranging in distance from 1 meter to 25 meters. Surround mixing is made simple, with the best balance between placement, flexibility and performance, without compromising the truly awesome sound these women deliver.
In addition to the true legato chorus sustains, ALL sustaining articulations in the library include 3-part polyphonic pseudo-legato (all vowel sustains, fast & slow polysustains, soloist vowel sustains, soloist slow & melodic poly-sustains).
Venus also features a unique bonus collection of Ambiences, Drones, Textures and FX content.
NKI Program Presets
This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later. All tempo-synching and speed-control presets require Kontakt 5. However, all core presets are Kontakt 4 compatible.
Several presets also include our custom phrase-builder system, which allows you to automatically progress through a sequence of staccato or marcato syllables, advancing to the next one each time you play a new note.
- 2 Room positions (close and far), created from a blend of 12 large diaphragm Neumann microphones
- Specifically designed for easy surround sound mixing, mix customization and resource efficiency
- A chorus of 33 professional singers from Volti, the SF Symphony Chorus and the SF Choral Society
- 2 Languages: Slavonic (Russian liturgical) and Latin
- Massive Marcato Builder System – Explore our fully customizable basic word-builder system with hundreds of possible sustaining word combinations. Combine a variety of attack, sustain and release consonant and vowel components and freely cross-fade between them.
- Combined Marcato/Staccato Phrase Builder with preset saving and the ability to store and cycle or keyswitch between up to 16 different user created sequences
- 36 Marcatos w/ deep round-robin and pp/fff dynamic layering
- 48 Staccatos w/ 4x round-robin, including pp/fff dynamic layering on 8 core vowels
- 18 Slavonic 100bmp Slow Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- 12 Slavonic 140bpm Fast Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- 10 Latin 100bmp Slow Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- 11 Latin 140bpm Fast Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, legato & 2x rr releases
- 21 Whispered Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, plus Staccatos and Marcatos
- 28 Droning Polysustains w/ tempo-synching, plus Staccatos and Marcatos (dissonant, harmonic and atonal spoken)
- 4 Dynamic Layered PP/FF True Legato Vowels: Ah, Eh, Oh, Oo
- Plus a bonus soft ppp “Mmm” with True Legato
- Sustaining Half and Whole-tone trills w/ tempo-synching
- A huge collection of choral shouts, risers, falls, sweeps, swells, clusters and other essential symphonic and experimental choral effects of all kinds.
- 21 unique sustaining vowels (ah, ay, eh, ee, ih, mm, oh, oo and more) with up to 4 independent round-robin variations on each attack, sustain and release element
- Bonus “Amazing Grace” building blocks in freely arrangeable multi-part harmony (in both solo and ensemble)
- 406 individual nki presets
- 120 additional combo close/far mic nkm presets, ready for custom mixing and surround routing
- 2 Soprano Soloists and 3 Alto Soloists, singing in both Slavonic & Latin.
- Each language incudes of a full collection of 1 Alto and 1 Soprano articulations
- The Soloists feature a variety of staccatos, polysustains, trills, whisper effects and a deep collection of rich melodic phrases.
- Tempo-synching and time-stretching presets optimized for Kontakt 5
- A deep bonus collection of custom ambient soundscapes, drones, pads and atmospheres hand-crafted using the original choral source
- Integrated DSP effects and custom convolution impulses included
- Fully automatable custom user interface
- Designed for full integration with the Mars Men’s Symphonic Choir library
- High speed Amazon download w/ alternate standard web server option
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- 25,730 samples
- 26.7 GB Installed
- 406 nki and 120 nkm instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Open format to allow user customization
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki and pcm .wav