Soundiron Voice Of Wind: Connie is the fourth volume in Soundiron's modular female solo vocal series Voices of Wind. Each volume focuses on a new vocalist with a distinct creative style and comes complete with a full package of vital chromatic and melodic articulations that sound great and are easy and convenient to use in any music or video production project that comes your way.
This edition focuses on the crisp and spirited mezzo-soprano voice of Connie Doolan. Her cheerful, silky, and polished vocal character effortlessly fuses jazz, cabaret, folk, blues, pop, and musical theatre vocal styles.
Voice of Wind: Connie is a 2.88 GB library that includes over 3,300 samples, featuring sustain, staccato (8x round-robin) and true legato chromatic articulations for 6 core vowels: Ah, Eh, Ee, Mm, Oh and Oo. It also includes over a thousand live dynamic, melodic phrases organized by mood, key and tempo.
This huge collection of live phrases are divided into 100bpm and 140bpm tempos for both Bright and Dark categories, as well as a special 120bpm Hummed category. Soundiron have also included 20 sound-designed custom FX and ambient presets to expand your creative palette. It all comes together in a complete, efficient and deeply-refined toolbox of chromatic articulations and powerful melodic elements with tempo-syncing and key options, all built into a flexible, full-featured user interface.
This Kontakt library features true legato, plus an array of staccato syllables with 8x round-robin, spanning over two playable octaves. A huge collection of live phrases that are divided into 100bpm and 140bpm tempos for both bright and dark categories, as well as a special 120bpm hummed category.
The phrases are intuitively organized by root tempo and mood. However, tempo-syncing, time-stretching and pitch transposition controls give you complete freedom to customize. You can also shape, blend and sequence phrases, with phrase-legato, step sequencer, speed-control and live waveform editing.
The library includes 20 sound-designed custom FX and ambient presets to expand your creative palette. Soundiron have also included their comprehensive FX Rack, with compression, delay, filter, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of rooms, cathedrals and otherworldly fx to open endless possibilities.
Soundiron recorded Connie in a dry studio environment, using a high dynamic range, large-diaphragm Neumann studio microphone and Sound Devices preamps to get maximum detail, clarity, fidelity and clean dynamic range. This library is NKS compatible so you can use it seamlessly in Kontakt 6 Player and Komplete Kontrol.
- Ah, Eh, Ee, Oh, Oo natural true legato
- Ah, Eh, Ee, Oh, Oo in both piano and forte dynamic layers and Mm & La with a single dynamic layer. Staccatos with 8 round-robin variations per note
- 100bpm and 140bpm tempos for both Bright and Dark phrase categories
- A special 120bpm Hummed phrase category
- Over a thousand melodic phrases in multiple keys, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-syncing/time-stretching, shaping and more
- Easy to navigate melodic phrases, organised intuitively by style, native tempo and root key
- Fluid sequencer allows for per-step phrase start and end markers
- Vocal performance breaths for added realism
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping
- Full multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, distortion, Amp, and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
Connie Doolan has been singing professionally for decades in numerous styles including swing/jazz, musical theater, cabaret, opera and folk. She performs and records with the Connie Doolan Quartet, a San Francisco Bay Area group that artfully blurs the boundaries of jazz and folk.
The group’s CD, Haunt Your Heart (Fiddling Cricket) was released in summer 2006. She has worked as an actor in regional theater including the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Oregon Repertory Theater, CitiArts Theater, PCPA Theaterfest and Upon These Boards (featured vocalist in UTB’s world peace event Lysistrata Project at Berkeley Rep.)
As a singer, Connie has performed and recorded with the cabaret act Calliope, and Bay Area vocalists Sylvia Herold and Patrice Haan in their Mehitabel trio. She has also performed and/or toured with: the Magic Theater (“Caliban Dreams,” opera); the Pentatonics (Orff-based performance ensemble); Z Space Theater (“Ariadne,” musical theater); Orpheus Ensemble (world music ensemble); The Mighty Avalanche Choir (folk-bluegrass-gospel band) and the Calling All Choir.
Connie is a sought-after vocal instructor and teaches music to children as well as adults. She has taught at various music camps including Lark in the Morning in Mendocino, California, B.C Swing Workshop, California Coast Music Camp and Puget Sound Guitar Workshop in Washington.
- 2.8GB installed
- 3,390 Samples
- 28 Powerful NKI instruments banks in Kontakt 6 Player format
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- 24-bit, 48KHz Stereo Lossless NCW Format
- Made for the free Kontakt Player (version 6+), Komplete Kontrol, all S-Series Keyboards and NKS software and hardware by Native Instruments
- Works with the Kontakt "Libraries" browser and Native Access