Spectrasonics Stylus RMX Xpanded
Stylus RMX and all 5 award winning SAGE Xpanders
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX has become one of the most popular and widely-used virtual instruments in the world - offering a quick and easy way to creatively assemble incredible sounding grooves in all the popular host sequencers: including Apple Logic, Pro Tools, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, Ableton LIVE, Cakewalk Sonar and many others.
Although the core library of Stylus RMX is focused on “remix” genres, the thousands of Xpander grooves (see More Info) that are included in the new package vastly broaden the musical scope of RMX by offering grooves and sounds for any style of music.
Stylus RMX is the first product to offer the combined power of Groove Control™ with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.™) technology giving users dramatic new control over groove production and performance.
Spectrasonics’ in-house development team created the new instrument from the ground up, with dozens of new features including the ground-breaking Chaos Designer™ (see More Info), a completely redesigned multi-page user interface, a new core library of sounds, all with a focus on realtime groove creation and performance.
New Core library
The massive new 7.4 gigabyte core-library in Stylus RMX has thousands of cutting-edge grooves and sounds that were created by Spectrasonics’ international sound design team, and produced by Eric Persing. The new core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds originally offered in the original Stylus, and contains all the original material as well. The new sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX offer a much wider range of modern musical genres than the original Stylus. Mixes of grooves are broken down into individual tracks called Elements for flexibility and infinite combinations.
Also new in Stylus RMX are thousands of new Kit modules, 250 Kit patches, as well as user Kit construction....Users can create their own customized multitrack remix grooves and kits, save them into the plug-in, and even share them with other Stylus RMX users on different platforms and hosts. RMX 1.5 even comes with 500 new Multi grooves!
For more info and resources, take a look at the Reference Guide from Spectrasonics.
Plus, want to see world class artists performing using Stylus RMX and other award-winning virtual instruments from Spectrasonics? Check out the Spectrasonics' Artist Video Series!
Read on to find out more about new features and functionality:
Stylus RMX Features Overview:
- First product using new S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in time, even when performed live! Groove Control is always active for optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo.
- Massive cutting-edge 7.4 GB Core Library, with nearly triple the sounds of the original Stylus.
- The original Stylus core library also included
- Add more grooves with new series of “S.A.G.E. Xpanders”
- Expandable with Groove Control® activated sample libraries
- Expandable with Propellerheads REX files, which allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle™.
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable “Kit modules” for building grooves
- 500 Multi Grooves
- 250 Kits
- World-Class integrated FX Racks w/27 professional effects: Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- Easy MIDI Control of all 20,000 parameters with MIDI Learn: simply grab the parameter and the hardware control
- Hardware Controller Templates provided for Popular models by Korg, Behringer and M-Audio
- Over 9 hours of professional Video Tutorials are included a visual way to quickly learn about Stylus RMX!
- Integrated Documentation - A 68,000 word Reference Guide is accessible directly from the plug-in Help menu
- Multipage user interface design with fully integrated Browser for easily auditioning & organizing grooves
- Innovative Chaos Designer™ adds musical variations and “improvising” within stereo audio grooves!
- 8-part Multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the loop…non-destructively
- Favorites Menu creation of user defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in Mixer w/ 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 Aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and Drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User Kit building from core library, User Remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Groove Menu mode allows any suite of multiple grooves to be played live from the keyboard on a single MIDI channel
- Grooves can be instantly auditioned at Half Time / Double Time
- Build Multitrack Grooves in realtime!
- Real-time Jamming in sync!
- Powerful sound design features include
- New multi-mode Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs,
- 3 AHDR envelopes, Reverse and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy Edit page with Big Knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
Stylus RMX marks Spectrasonics’ first expandable virtual instrument, with a series of five new “S.A.G.E. Xpanders”. Stylus RMX also can be expanded with existing Groove Control CD-ROM libraries and even REX files – which opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment. The five Xpanders are:
- Backbeat SAGE Xpander: Live Acoustic “Straight-ahead” drum grooves
- Retro Funk SAGE Xpander: Authentic vintage acoustic sound, feel & classic grooves
- Burning Grooves SAGE Xpander: Maximum impact, aggressive live drum grooves
- Liquid Grooves SAGE Xpander: Acoustic ethnic drum and percussion grooves with unique processing
- Metamorphosis SAGE Xpander: 21st Century remix grooves designed by producer Eric Persing
Of the many new capabilities in Stylus RMX, possibly the most innovative feature is the Chaos Designer™. With simple controls, the user can introduce musical Chaos into the groove, which allows it to have constantly evolving variations— giving the impression that the audio grooves are improvising. The results can be subtle or extreme by setting the simple to use controls. A Capture feature allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back again for further editing by the user.
"It’s impossible to categorize this collection, suffice to say that it would find uses in all styles of music production and sound design. Spectrasonics have made a grand job of reinventing the original. Excellent stuff!"
- Future Music
"The core library sounds are excellent and varied, the drumkit construction facility is vast and the ability to surgically change loops at beat level in so many ways is fantastic."
- Sound on Sound
"Stylus RMX is a total winner. The Core Library is vast, offering months of exploration. The new material is first-rate, covering a wide range of styles and flavours and going way beyond just drum loops, and we still love the loops in the Classic Stylus section, which seem to have the edge in terms of warmth and ‘vinyl feel´, so their inclusion is a huge bonus. Stylus RMX is unquestionably the most powerful loop-based drum machine on the market today, and at this price it could well become seen as a studio essential."
- Computer Music
"For everyone from soundtrack composers to remixers and home/project studio users, Stylus RMX is a truly original instrument that will quickly become an integral part of your setup."
- Music Tech
The first time I heard RMX the grooves just knocked me out. Once I started getting into Chaos, it was really incredible; There's such a variety."
- Herbie Hancock
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.