The world’s most popular virtual grand piano collection just got better with the creation of Ivory II Grand Pianos. Featuring a greatly expanded sound set with nearly double the velocity layers, and the powerful, new Ivory II piano DSP engine with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration, Ivory II Grand Pianos soars at the highest possible levels of sampling and synthesis technology.
The playing experience is simply extraordinary with an emotional range extending from the heartiest fortissimo to the most delicate and nuanced pianissimo. Ivory II Grand Pianos will breathe under your fingers, inspiring your best performance from a truly organic instrument.
A host of new piano-centric features have been added to the Ivory II engine. Principal among them is Sympathetic String Resonance, a long sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a completely new and unique way, realizing the true complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation. Harmonic Resonance Modeling is a brand new technology that does not rely upon triggering additional samples, ordinary sine waves, or recordings in any way. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings ring in a real acoustic piano. The result is an unprecedented new level of realism.
Ivory II also delivers some of Synthogy’s most frequent customer requests, with features such as Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments:
Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand
German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand
Yamaha C7 Grand
(Each piano can be installed separately)
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave)
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets
Ivory II also delivers some of Synthogy's most frequent customer requests, with features such as Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
At the heart of Ivory II are Ivory's legendary pianos. Each Ivory piano has been further refined and developed, including expanded velocity levels (up to 18 per piano), additional soft pedal samples, and more release samples. Synthogy's decades of expertise in piano development, along with proprietary "timbre interpolation" technology combine to deliver greater fidelity, unrivaled playability, and a musical experience that is unsurpassed.
Ivory II represents the most significant design enhancement to Ivory's custom piano technology since its introduction. Years in the making, every effort has been taken to assure that Ivory II is a true and worthy successor to the legacy established by our original Ivory products.
"I think it’s safe to say that this is the best piano plug-in on the market, and worth the upgrade too if only for the tingle down your spine that the sympathetic strings can create. Ivory II is magnificent, and I suspect will be finding a home in just about every professional producer’s studio." – Digital Village
"I’m extremely impressed with what Ivory II Grand Pianos delivers: sampled pianos so realistic they’re indistinguishable from the real thing. The Bösendorfers are excellent for classical and jazz, and the Yamahas are perfect for rock and country, but my personal favorites are the rich and versatile Steinways." - Electronic Musician
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.