Toontrack Electric Grand is the fifth title in the popular EZkeys product line and comes with a carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80. This ground-breaking instrument was introduced on the market in the late 1970s as a compact, electric option to the regular grand piano.
Since then, the CP-80 has become a modern classic, immortalized in chart-topping sounds from the likes of Peter Gabriel and also Abba, U2, Simple Minds, George Duke, Bruce Hornsby, Genesis/Tony Banks and countless others. Even today, 30 years after its inception and since long out of production, the analogue, electric and amplified hybrid sound of the CP-80 continues to play a key role in modern music.
With the included broad genre mixer presets, the classic, crisp sound will expand beyond the conventions and, combined with the revolutionary features of the EZKeys engine, make this instrument a must in every versatile songwriter´s palette of audio tools.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
For all new customers that do not own EZkeys Electric Grand.
For customers eligible for an Educational Single Licence.*
*Important information for Students and Teachers. A valid academic ID must be submitted to us within 6 days of placing an order.
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the - or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- "Humanize" any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily tweaked
What is EZKeys?
EZkeys is a revolutionary plugin and stand-alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled instrument – all in one package! Aside from breathtakingly rich tonal qualities, EZkeys allows the user unlimited creativity through its groundbreaking functionality.
Drag & drop MIDI
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full song sections and covering all major genres such as rock, pop, country, gospel, blues and funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
Smart songwriting features
EZkeys includes a host of revolutionary and creative songwriting features. Transpose full MIDI tracks on the fly, use any MIDI file and transform it with playing styles found in other MIDI, use the groundbreaking EZkeys Chord Wheel to customize chord voicing and harmonic color with just one mouse-click – and much, much more.
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (pop/rock, soul/RnB, country, gospel, jazz, blues, boogie, funk)
- All songs performed in full song structure blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. You can control each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters.
Default: The default and all-round sound brings out the best in the natural CP-80.
Raw Tweaks: A true bypass preset that represents what the instrument sounds like raw, without effects and EQ.
Ambient Ballad: A big sound for any ambient ballad. This sound involves EQ, compression, stereo enhancer, reverb, delay and more.
Amped: The direct signal run through an amp and a 15" cabinet combined with compression, spring reverb and tremolo. A well-rounded sound with a slight edge, great for anything from classic ballads to modern pop and rock.
Chorus Grand: Reverb and chorus on top of the classic CP-80 produces a dense sound with subtle overtones. Tailored for ballads or mid tempo rock with an edge.
Filtered: Bit crusher, filter, phaser, delay and plate reverb – all boiled down to a preset that takes this instrument to a completely new level. Suitable for anything from modern pop to classic funk or rock.
Holdsworthy: A bright, in-your-face sound that won't go unnoticed in any mix. Chorus, hall reverb, tape delay, compression – this is a creative preset with an unmistakable modern edge but still timeless and applicable in any song context.
Sweeped: Slightly less bright and with a more vintage feel, this combo of vibrato, filter and filter delay will surely find its way to many funky ballads and songs with a retro feel.
Taped Phase: Tape simulation, compression, phaser and plate reverb – a playful sound with a distinct distorted edge and phaser effect.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.