Toontrack EZkeys Retro Electrics includes two carefully captured and timeless electric pianos from classic German manufacturer Hohner - the Clavinet D6 and the Pianet N.
These two instruments are world-famous for their distinct sound and have been perpetuated in numerous hits from the golden ages of funk, soul and British Invasion.
Even through production has long since stopped, the complex and round sound of the Pianet and the bright staccato of the Clavinet keep resonating vividly in all corners of contemporary music production, making these Honer classics every bit as relevant in any songwriter's toolbox today as they were back when it all started.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Carefully sampled Hohner Clavinet D6 and Hohner Pianet N instruments
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the - or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- "Humanize" any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
WHAT IS EZKEYS?
Described by Sound on Sound's John Walden as "...the most fun I've had with a virtual instrument for years. Highly recommended", EZkeys is a revolutionary plugin and stand alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled instrument - all in one package! Aside from breathtakingly rich tonal qualities, EZkeys allows the user unlimited creativity through its groundbreaking functionality.
Drag & drop MIDI
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library (over 700 MIDI files) performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full song sections and covering all major genres such as Rock, Pop, Country, Gospel, Blues and Funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
Smart songwriting features
EZkeys includes a host of revolutionary and creative songwriting features. Transpose full MIDI tracks on the fly, use any MIDI file and transform it with playing styles found in other MIDI, use the groundbreaking EZkeys Chord Wheel to customise chord voicing and harmonic colour with just one mouse-click - and much, much more.
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. You can control each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters.
Clean Funk: Run through a classic amp model, a 4x12 cabinet combined with a tape simulator and a spring reverb, this setting is still relatively clean and shows the nature of the instrument very nicely.
Classic Wah: A classic sound for any riff-driven song. This setting includes compression, amp/cab simulation, delay and of course, the unmistakable wah-wah.
Dirty Fuzz: A quite distorted sound saturated with reverb, various amp/cam simulation and a knob for an optional phaser effect.
Filter Funk: A round but bright staccato-like sound that brings you right back to the golden age of funk in the 70s. Wah-wah and tape delay!
Guitar Like: Just like the name implies, this preset brings out the Clavinet´s string-sound in great way. Perfect for rhythmic passages or guitar-like riffs. A true funk sound, at its best!
Modern Ballad: Tremolo, inverse reverb and a subtle chorus makes this setting the perfect match for a modern soulful ballad.
CA DI: The factory CA direct in setting.
CB DI: The factory CB direct in setting.
DA DI: The factory DA direct in setting.
DB DI: The factory DB direct in setting.
Clean Amp: A quite unfiltered signal amplified by a low-gain amp and a classic 4x12 cabinet. A very allround sound that works in anything from a soul ballad to a funk song.
DI: Direct in signal with optional knobs for tremolo settings.
Dirty Amp: A stomp box and a vintage amp give this preset an extra gritty sound, perfect for leads, staccato-playing or general riffing.
Dream Vibrato: A classic amp and a 1x8 speaker simulation together with vibrato and spring reverb produce a distinctly distorted, very vintage and organ-like sound. Works well in anything from a ballad-scenario to an uptempo 70s rock song.
Hi Gain Distortion: A slightly muffled sound with a roll-off on the highs.
Jazz Bells: With its obvious tremolo and bright reverb, this setting brings out the bell-like sound in the Pianet. Great for a jazzy ballad!
Phase Fuzz: With its strong fuzz and phaser saturation, this sound almost elevates in the stereo field. Great for anything from big, open chords to tight funky riffs.
Rotary: A relatively clean sound that combines a classic cabinet with a delicate room reverb. Allround!
Smooth Funk: It doesn't get funkier than this. Wah-wah, classic amp/cab combo, tape delay and moderate compression produces a sound that brings you right back to the 70s.
Space Ballad: A tremolo-driven sound perfect for any ambient composition
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.