With The Classic EZX, Toontrack Music is merging the best of the past and the present to bring your music to the forefront of today.
The Classic EZX is a contemporary sounding drum library, bringing together all that is good about modern recording techniques with the sound of a classic Helios recording console, as known to have shaped the production on albums by bands like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who and many others.
Be it the slamming 70's rock song or the slim and tight contemporary pop that tops the charts of today, the sounds of The Classic EZX will sit right in any mix.
The Classic EZX features instruments from three fantastic drum brands: Yamaha, Noble & Cooley and Craviotto.
The Helios has aptly been dubbed the 'Musician's Choice' of recording consoles and is still after almost 40 years in existence considered one of the best sounding of all time.
The Classic EZX was produced by Peter Henderson (Paul McCartney, Rush, Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner, Ringo Starr) and Chris Whitten (Edie Brickell, The Waterboys, Paul McCartney)
The Unique Mic Setup
Two interfaces and two EZXs in one! The Classic was recorded using two different setups; one contemporary multi microphone and one with only four microphones, a so-called '4 mic setup'. This set up is what helped shape the unique and organic production on many big albums of the 70s - a sound that is making an evident resurgence in the music at the top of the charts today.
The Classic EZX comes with two extensive libraries, played by Peter Fredlander as well as Chris Whitten himself. Peter's library is organised as different songs with variations of 4-8 bar building blocks. Each song also features a Jamtrack of the full song from start to finish. In Chris' library, he's laying down his patented groove by revisiting some of the greatest hits of his stunning recording and touring history.
- Noble & Cooley Horizon Series: 8 x 10", 9 x 12", 10 x 14" and 14 x 16" Concert Toms, 16 x 24" bass drum. Toms fitted with Remo CS Black Dot batters, then Evans G2 Coated batters.
- Yamaha 9000 Series Recording Custom: 8 x 10", 9 x 12", 10 x 13" mounted toms, 16 x 16" floor tom, 16 x 22" bass drum. Toms fitted with Remo Coated Ambassador batters.
- Craviotto Ash, Single-ply kit: 9 x 13" mounted tom, 16 x 16" and 16 x 18" floor toms. Remo Coated Ambassador batters. 14 x 22" Bass drum.
- 7 x 14" Craviotto single-ply maple snare drum.
- 5 x 14" Noble & Cooley Classic, single-ply maple snare drum.
- 6.5 x 14" Ludwig Supraphonic (1970s), in two separate tunings.
- 6.5 x 14" Ludwig & Leedy brass snare drum (1940s).
- 14" K Zildjian
- 15" A Zildjian Hi Hats (1970s)
- 14" Paiste Formula 602 Heavy Hihat (blue label)
- 22" K Zildjian Custom Dark Ride
- 22" Paiste Formula 602 Heavy Ride (blue label)
- 18" K Zildjian Constantinople Crash
- 19" K Zildjian Dark Thin Crash
- 20" K Zildjian Crash Ride
- 20" Zildjian EAK Crash Ride
- 16" Sabian Evolution HHX Crash
- 18" Crash Sabian Evolution HHX
- 6" A Zildjian Splash
- 8" K Zildjian Splash
- 10" K Zildjian Splash
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.