Strip any given power metal song down to the bare bones of the rhythm section and a few simple but key elements emerge: speed, power, accuracy and extreme musical prowess. In respect of the drums, that's exactly what this collection of MIDI is all about.
Think the likes of Helloween, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Sabaton and Dragonforce and you'll hear the galloping beats, the frenetic bass drums, the rampant tempos and, of course, the odd crushing heavy grooves with all the fills and epic parts to go with them.
This collection of MIDI is a full circle compilation covering the fundamentals of what the genre has had to offer thus far – from the classic late '80s European era that launched the genre, through often more aggressive and thrash-influenced American style predominant during the 1990s and ending up right where power metal is today: resurgent and ever so vibrant.
This "best of" grooves collection is the perfect match for anyone in need of a plethora of razor-sharp drum foundations for use in any epic metal context.
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by power metal music from the ’80s through to today
- Approx. 465 individually played files
- Performed by professional session drummer
- 4/4 in straight and/or swing feel
- Song structure categorisation (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, fills, etc.)