Zebra is u-He's wireless modular synthesizer. It combines many different types of synthesis with a powerful modulation engine. Imagine —with Zebra you can create any additive, freehand or spline-based waveform you like, apply a vast selection of spectral effects, morph between those waves and send them through Zebra's classic synth filters.
Perhaps use that entire sound as modulator for an FM oscillator, or route it through a comb filter — the building block of physical modeling synthesis. All generator modules, all signal paths, all effects are stereo.
Although the possibilities are practically infinite, you will never be overwhelmed by needless complexity — Zebra's adaptive interface only shows the modules you are actually using. It's a fascinating playground for sound designers! That's what Zebra is all about, that's why it has become so popular. That's why thousands of free presets are available online.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE ZEBRA
- The unique patching system is a bliss to work with, complexity never gets in your way
- It is renowned for crystal-clear quality... which can turn dark & dirty if you want
- No static samples here – pure synthesis delivers more expressive & natural sounds
- Heavily featured in blockbusters The Dark Knight, Inception, Transformers, Tron:Legacy...
- The editor window is resizable, and there are some nice alternative skins available
- It has an independent charm, with a vibrant community of helpful users in the KVR forum
- The clever design and adaptive UI keep everything you need on a single page
- ...and so much more!
Comes with Zebrify effects version and little sister plugin Zebralette!
- Performance Pads - Four XY pads give you instant control of up to 64 parameters, each with a user-definable range. Because they effectively bundle parameters together, XY positions are the perfect targets for automation within your DAW!
- Patches Window - Load factory presets or select from literally thousands of free patches as well as several commercial sound sets available online. Hide/unhide or mark/unmark patches as personal favourites
- Data Display - Quickly step through patches or instantly load a patch from the current directory. Show parameter values, unlock the demo (using your registration code) or switch between compatibility modes.
- Main Grid - Create and organise your synth structure here. No cables or pins, but an ingenious 2D grid in which you place and reposition generator modules. The signal flows automatically from top to bottom but sidechains can also be defined (via right-click)
- Undo, Info & Style - Step backwards or forwards through your edits (unlimited depth). Show individual patch information, load alternative skins, select GUI size from miniscule to cinematic!
- Generators Rack - Control panels for any generators you use - wave and FM oscillators, noise generators, comb filters, mixers, ring modulators, waveshapers. Unused generators will not appear in the rack - What you use is what you see!
- Modulators Rack - Control panels for all modulators you use - envelopes, LFOs, mod mappers and modulation mixers. Use a modulator (e.g. Envelope 4 or LFO 3) anywhere, and its panel will instantly appear in this rack.
- Mod Mappers - Unique and highly flexible processors containing up to 128 discrete values each. Radically reshape modulation sources, create trains of sound (or round-robiin effects) by stepping through values, add individual offsets across the entire MIDI note range - hundreds of uses are just waiting to be discovered!
- Patch Mixer - Four channels, one for each lane of the Grid. Mute buttons, envelope selectors, modulatable pan and volume controls, effects bus routing selectors
- Oscillator Editor - Load, create and store oscillator waveforms in this comprehensive Wave Editor - the heart of Zebra2! 16 morphable waves per oscillator, 4 waveform modes including spline and freehand drawing as well as additive synthesis (128 partials)
- Tuning - Support for "Scala" format (.tun) microtuning, two Glide rates (for odd/even numbered modules), truly global swing generator affects LFOs as well as arpgessios.
- Effects Grid & Panel - Define your effects structure here. The signal flows from top to bottom, sidechains can be defined. Effect control panels appear to the right of the grid. Not only chorus, delay and reverb, but also compression, filters, EQ and more.
- MSEG - Four loopable Multi-Stage Envelope Generators with up to 32 segments each. Several drawing aids include magnetic positioning (vertical or horizontal). Also velocity, trigger mode and rate controls, template load/save.
Please click on the link below to view the installation guide for this product: