% Off - Save a Total of
% Off - Save a Total of £-33.33
Your selected product option is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we'll deliver in 3-7 working days.
This product is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we will dispatch it to you within 7 working days.
Your serial will be delivered within one working day.
FREE INSTANT DIGITAL DELIVERY*
- Free Tech Support
- Earn Loyalty Points
The timpani, or kettledrum, is the orchestral percussion instrument with the longest tradition. It has been established as a staple of the symphony orchestra since the 17th century. Whereas in the Baroque and Classical period one pair of timpani was the standard, four (or even more) instruments in Romantic and modern works are common.
The timpani is one of the rare membranophones with a definite pitch and its tuning requires extremely sensitive hearing. The intensity of performance tasks makes it essential that the timpani part in the orchestra is played by a specialist, the “timpanist”. As opposed to other percussionists who usually change instruments as required by the piece (e.g., bass drum, a-due cymbals, tambourine, triangle) the timpanist focuses on playing the timpani part exclusively.
The instrument has a range of about a sixth, a timpani group of several instruments covers approximately two octaves. The sound of the timpani blends homogeneously with other instrument groups of the orchestra.
Timpani with majestic brass fanfares have their roots in history, and the combination of strings played in tremolo over a foundation of timpani rolls is a popular combination for creating dramatic and thrilling effects. We’ve recorded single strokes, tremolos (with and without dynamics), and glissandos with various wooden and felt mallets (hard – medium hard – medium) as well as with finger strokes.
Notes on Library Types available here:
- Sample Amount: 1,880
- Sample Amount: 6,495
Standard Lib. + Extended Lib. = Full Library
With this product, whether you purchase the Standard Library or the Full Library, the entire sample content of the Full Library will be installed on your hard drive. Depending on the license you’re purchasing, the Activation Codes you’re receiving unlock the corresponding portion of your library.
When you start with the Standard Library, you may easily upgrade to the Full Library at any time – you’ll only pay for the Extended Library portion of the product and you will receive the Activation Codes for the Extended Library.
- Standard Library: 1,800 samples
- Full Library: 6,459 samples
- Download File Size: 642 MB
- Installed File Size: 1.9 GB GB
- Download File Size: 2.5 GB
- Installed File Size: 8.2 GB
Product Type:Virtual Instrument
- Requires ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
Mac System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, i5/i7/Xeon
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
Windows System Requirements
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard