Welcome to Zero-G Ethera EVI – Electro Virtual Instrument. Produced by award-winning sound designer and composer Stefano Maccarelli and featuring the critically acclaimed vocalist Clara Sorace, Ethera EVI takes you into an amazing world of stunning vocals, synths, arps, textures, bass, horns, drums, acoustic instruments and ambient sounds for all your cinematic and electronic music productions.
Ethera EVI is a complete all-in-one tool for soundtrack, video gaming, multimedia, and sound design creation and has been created to fit the needs of the most demanding of modern composers and sound designers. It consists of four main instruments:
- Ethera EVI Vocal True Legato Instrument
- Ethera EVI Vocal Phrases Instrument
- Ethera EVI Vocal Builder
- Ethera EVI Synth
Click the 'More Info' tab for full details about these instruments.
WHATS NEW IN 2.0
- True Legato 2.0 : New “emotive Uh” & “emotive Ah” Articulations With Multisample Layers By Midi Velocity
- True Legato 2.0 : Natural Release, No Loop, Natural Vibrato.
- True Legato 2.0 : 4 Articulations With Key Switches
- New Vocal Phrases: Over 600mb Of New Samples - ( In Total Over 1.8 Gb Of Vocal Phrases )
- Vocal Arp: New Samples & Presets ( Whispers; Short Sounds; Ah; Oh; Etc Etc )
- EVI Synth: New Synth 2.0 With Over 5 Gb Of New Wavetable Sounds ( Synth, Percussions, Textures, Etc )
- EVI Synth Snapshots: Now There Are Preset Snapshots
- EVI Synth: All 1.5 Presets Have Been Converted Into Snapshot Preset Format ( There Are 3 Synths : Synth 1.5, Synth 2.0 A, Synth 2.0 B )
- EVI Synth : 8 Lfos ( Filters; Fx, Speed, Pan, Grain/formant )
- New Scripted Legato: Mmm , Uh, Ih
ALREADY OWN AN ETHERA TITLE?
As normal, if you already own any Ethera title, just use code 'ETHLOYA20' at the checkout to get 20% off any other Ethera product!
ETHERA EVI FEATURES
- Over 18GB of samples
- New powerful EVI true legato with up to 4 velocity articulations and sustains
- New vocal builder instrument that allows you to create your own unique vocal phrases
- Over 1000 samples of inspiring vocal phrases synced to the bmp and “legato mode”
- Over 13GB of samples from the best hardware synths and organic sounds
- Over 1.0GB of electronic drum loops
- An exclusive acoustic vintage 1928 piano felt (2 mic: stereo – mono)
- Critically acclaimed voice of “clara sorace”
- New convolution reverb
- Wavetable synth with sample grain control
- Glide and unison mode for the EVI synth
- Arpeggiator with 6x play mode and pitch sequencer
- 5 LFO & filters – free or synced to the host clock
- GUI with easy to use controls and fully automated midi learn controllers
- FX rack with midi learn
- Two “off-set” sample start controls in vocal phrases and legato mode
- Waveform display
- Roli seaboard support (synth legato glide & mono aftertouch)
- Over 800 presets including multi instruments
Ethera EVI consists of 4 main instruments:
1. Ethera EVI Vocal True Legato Instrument
2. Ethera EVI Vocal Phrases Instrument
3. Ethera EVI Vocal Builder
4. Ethera EVI Synth
The new Ethera EVI True Legato Instrument is based on up to 4 Layers of sound and is the most authentic legato Vocal instrument now on the market. So many vocal nuances have been captured – over 900 samples for a patch!
Ethera EVI Vocal Phrases provides over 1GB and 1200 individual phrases of authentic inspirational live vocal performance. They are organised in different styles, for example Epic, Celtic, Oriental, Electro...
Ethera EVI Vocal Builder is a set of samples programmed to act as an intelligent entity allowing the composer to live-play a vocal sequence or chord with different vocal articulations. It is now possible to select some phonemes by a drop down menu, and construct a rhythmic sequence which is very useful for choirs or vocal arpeggios.
Ethera EVI Synth is a powerful wavetable synth – it’s a perfect tool for cinematic sound, sound design, cyber punk music or any electronic music production. The raw samples have been created by sampling some of the best hardware synths, several sound field recordings and a whole range of organic sounds, acoustic instruments, and human voices. The Ethera EVI Synth contains over 850 presets ready to use out of the box including 100 Multis and also includes a multisampled 1928 Acoustic FELT Piano with a warm and soft sound that is perfect for soundtracks. You'll also find many sounds of voice designed in a similar style of Daft Punk, with leads, bass and many vocal textures and loop vocal pads.
Compare Ethera Titles
Click the image below to view the PDF comparison table (opens in new tab/window)
"The latest title in Zero‑G’s Ethera series is Ethera EVI (Electro Virtual Instrument). The vocals of Clara Sorace are again featured but, in addition to three different sets of vocal presets, the library also includes a sizeable collection of instrument sounds. Given the fairly modest price, it’s not difficult to argue that, with some 18GB of samples in total, Zero‑G are offering plenty of bang for your buck.
Ethera EVI requires the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher and uses the Quickload system for accessing the various presets. The 800‑plus presets are spread across four main instruments, each with a different front‑end. The Synth instrument provides access to the aforementioned instrument sounds and these include synths, guitars, leads, pads, drums, drum loops and various sound effects‑style groupings. While these are perhaps not intended to be the star of the Ethera EVI show, and you do have to do some digging to discover what’s available, there is plenty to get your teeth into here. Indeed, more than enough to craft an endless array of musical/sound design beds to underpin the vocal samples.
The three vocal instruments are designed for different tasks. There is a straightforward ‘phrases’ instrument where a different vocal phrase is mapped to each key. These are vowel‑based vocalisations and you can easily ‘play’ unique phrases by triggering different MIDI notes in sequence. A preset with reversed samples provides an interesting sound‑design alternative. The Vocal Builder provides a further means of chaining together different vowel‑based phrases. This is actually quite flexible and you can coax all sorts of ‘world’ style vocals and chants or more contemporary electronic backing vocals from it.
However, if you’re after epic cinematic vocals, the True Legato Instrument is the most expressive of Ethera EVI’s options. While the range of performance styles this offers is perhaps fairly narrow — think mid‑ to slow‑tempo haunting vowel‑based melodies — played with suitable finesse, the sound is utterly convincing. This instrument uses four velocity layers per key, so you get some very expressive dynamics. All four instruments also include a range of effects (with a convolution reverb and nice delay) and filters. The synth instrument also offers a compact arpeggiator and options for tweaking the sounds.
While the synth instrument does take some exploration (that’s not particularly a criticism; there are simply a lot of presets), the vocal instruments are all easy to use. Yes, you do have to work within the style of the vocals but, for media and electronic music composers, there is plenty of scope to get creative. The impressive range of instrument sounds means you can easily create complete musical pieces without leaving Ethera EVI. And those vocals do sound epic. At this price, and given the sheer volume of content, Ethera EVI also offers excellent value for money." - Sound On Sound
Released July 2018, the free v1.5 update includes the following new features and improvements :
- IMPROVED TRUE LEGATO : Better playability, new keyswitches, now you can select 2 different articulations.
- EVI SYNTH 1.5 ARPEGGIATOR : Now you can import or export the Arp Table Presets.
- EVI SYNTH 1.5 MODULATIONS: New Modulators ( FORM, SPEED, PAN ), new GUI.
- EVI SYNTH 1.5 SOUND CONTROL : New Octaver FX and Delay Release.
- EVI SYNTH 1.5 SHAPE: New Tube Shape distortion.
Download Size (RAR files):
- Parts 1-13: 1 GB each
- Part 14: 581 MB